“Dr. Panda Town” is a virtual free-style game that is part of the incredibly popular “Dr. Panda” franchise that is aimed at children between the ages of five and eight. “Dr. Panda Town” is one of the company’s most popular releases which debuted in 2017. However, in honor of the new year, the app got a brand-new update on January 18, 2018, which highlighted two all-new locations: a police station and a school. The updates also included a range of new characters that truly let children unleash their imaginations.
“Dr. Panda Town” is set up like a virtual playset. There is a police station, a school, a restaurant, a park, a grocery store, and a house with three-floors to explore. Every single venue has something unique and fun to offer.
· The school enables children to play the role of student or pupil. You can write on the chalk board, explore lockers, do science experiments, play with the cute pet hamster in the classroom, and much more.
· The restaurant section enables you to either serve or be served. There is a detailed kitchen area with a jumbo-sized refrigerator, an oven, pots and pans, a sink, and a preparation table. Diners can sit on an array of chairs, couches, and stools in the main part of the eatery and–to add a touch of class–there is a piano and a fish tank on the premises.
· The park is arguably the most playful area in the game since it includes a playground with a slide, a seesaw, and bouncy ride-ons. Players can choose to serve ice cream, skateboard, ride in a boat, have a picnic, or get a snack at the park café. There are also frogs and ducks in the water and a dog on the grass which will surely delight animal lovers.
· The grocery store contains various kinds of foods, drinks, and shopping carts. There is an area in the back to sit–and possibly enjoy some candy–and in the front of the store there is both an ATM and a cash register that can be interacted with when you tap on them.
· Finally, the house section is a lot of fun because it includes three different floors and fun elements such as a Christmas tree in the attic, a little robot in the bedroom, and a pet goldfish in the living room.
According to the official press release, the game asks players to find all the treasures with it. “How many secrets can you uncover? Can you find all of the hidden costumes and cooking combinations? Figure out a way to escape from jail or the answer to the teacher’s math equation. In Dr. Panda Town there are tons to explore!” Yet the true magic of this game is the ability to make up your own stories via the characters and settings.
Retailing for between $2.99 and $5.99, “Dr. Panda Town” is very affordable and will keep children amused for hours on end. There are no time limits and rules making this app entirely “free-play” and completely safe for children. It can be found at The App Store, Google Play Store, and the Amazon Appstore.